This is a project I have wanted to try for a really long time. I’ve seen so many tutorials on Pinterest about how to personalize you wrapping paper, but I just recently decided to try it.
Originally, I was going to use a stamp to make the designs on the paper. ( And you could still do that if you want to save time. ) However, I decided to use materials I already had on hand and I had some time to kill, so I went with plan B.
Thing you will need :
– brown paper ( I bought the Duct Kraft paper. It’s a bit more expensive, but it’s nice and thick, so the paint won’t bleed through )
– paint; green, dark brown, and light brown ( This is for a Christmas tree design. You could do something completely different )
– sponge brush ( 2″ size )
– brush ( 1″ flat head )
– detail brush
– paper plate
1. Start by wrapping the gift normally.
2. Collect everything you need.
3. Dip brush in paint and make a Christmas tree shape.
4. Do this over the entire box.
5. Next, take the light brown and paint little squares at the bottom of the triangle. ( I didn’t connect my lines; I wanted the trees to have an abstract look. )
6. Lastly, with the dark brown, paint a skinny line down the middle of the triangle.
And you’re finished! Tie the gift with some twine and add a nice gift tag. ( Tutorial for those coming soon! )
Let me know what you think and if you’ve ever tried anything like this before.